Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Turning pages...

What a sick weekend I just had!!! The Wall2Canvas event turned out to be a huge success. Hundreds of people showed up to watch everything from amazing, live freeform graffiti to beautifully planned and executed wheatpaste collages and an awful lot of painting that falls in between. My own work was extremely spontaneous in it's nature, while it certainly had a framework laid out in advance. I met some pretty amazing artists and just interacted with a lot of really cool people. I am very thankful that I spent the $10 and took the time to be a part of this event.





Check out more shots of this event here


So the day would have been done right... but NOPE! Since my good friend and long time collaborateur had come up to take video and photos of the day and had driven his epic Mocean 365/Mocean Mate Dodge Sprinter which has long been in need of some sprucing up, I quickly assembled a crew of some of the best around and got back to my lot and straight to work. As the picture indicate we painted until the wee hours of the evening until a couple of friendly yet not so friendly police officers came along to convince us that even though we were on private property connected to the building I live in, we would still have to move along.





Check out more pics of the evenings festivities here


All in all, I feel blessed to have been a part of so much creativity in one day. I woke up the next morning sore... from painting. That's good stuff. So the projects continue and the energy keeps moving on. So, that's it for now, but as usual, here's a little something to feed the fire:

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! Your stuff looks great and it makes me happy to see it. It's a highlight of my morning everytime I see a new blogpost has gone up. Needs more cute children though...

    ReplyDelete