Tuesday, September 21, 2010

September Update

Art Hop 2010 is behind us. My paintings and the work of dozen of others are all still hanging at the VCAM/RETN space if anyone out there hasn't had a chance to check it out. I believe they are doing open houses on the weekends. The Art Hop was a really cool experience and I'm glad I got to be a part of it. Friday night was super cool, with my evening being spent a great deal making music at KTR and then culminating around the corner at the Green Door Studios. It was just really amazing to see Pine St. transformed by creative energy and positive spirit. Saturday morning the Kids Hop event was a huge success and we had a blast making paper hats and just hanging out with other families.


Looking forward, I have been selected to be one of the 12 artists who will participate in the Magic Hat, Shelburne Art Center WalltoCanvas event on October 2nd. I am pretty excited about this opportunity to share my art live for a group of people and potentially win $500. Not too shabby. As of yet I have not formulated a plan as to what I will do, but I am definitely thinking deeply about the opportunity to convey a message to a group of people I might not normally have the opportunity to speak to directly.


To be honest, I feel pretty inspired.


I recently started a new painting speaking to the agricultural/industrial nature of the VT countryside. This painting will address genetically modified corn and it's effects on the cows that are being fed it in order to increase their milk production. DOW(Mycogen) and DuPont(Pioneer) will definitely be highlighted.

I am thinking a lot about wintertime projects that are a little less fine art and a little more "sellable." Etsy, Artsprojekt at Zazzle and Boardpusher are all likely to become a part of this equation in addition to a lot of lower tech, more reused, repurposed work and a lot of silkscreening.

In other ways I have begun to look even further forward to next summer. I have begun compiling a list of possible locations for murals, intend to visit City Hall and research building owners, etc. My recent work and the upcoming graff comp should be enough of a local portfolio to allow all of this to work.

So, here's to creativity and the joy it brings me. I am so pleased to have invited the visual arts back in to my life.

Here's a little something for ya...

No comments:

Post a Comment